Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A couple of days in...

Indoc
The last few days have been relatively uneventful, mainly just trying to get my bearings on base, and trying to find out what my schedule will be. Every time you check into a new unit or in my case Reserve Center you have to go through Indoc. During this time you are to sit and hear from a slew of different departments on where to go, what needs to be done, safety briefs and the general mission statement. Overall its been very interesting for me as I've never been part of anything in the aviation community - but for some of the junior enlisted I can tell this is getting old!

One thing that I found very very interesting, and unfortunately may be a bit of a tease for some: OUR MISSION! I've mentioned it in a previous blog, and that's about all I can really refer to as there is a SPECWAR component. We were told in one of the very first briefs that the 'stuff we do around here, you won't hear on CNN'. That makes me not only excited, but PROUD - we are the tip of the spear, and the squadron is helping to take down bad guys. I'm just the Suppo, and I don't know all the details (and probably don't want to!) but it does make you think that the work you do is making a difference.

Tri.... athalon???
I've been trying to 'train' for a tri-athalon for the last few summers, nothing doing as I every time I thought I was getting into a decent shape for it.. summer would end and motivation would die. As of this week, I'm starting a plan, and I'm dedicated to doing it... I just need to go out and get a bike :)

Missing you Jen :)
Think that just about says it - every day I'm away from home and not with you, its difficult. I gain so much respect for those that spend 12 months away from their families overseas - but even more respect for the family members left behind and what they have to go through. I'm find myself very blessed as I'll get to see my wife regularly, although not every night, but soon!

Sidebar.... I know we just came off Memorial Day, but that doesn't mean we have to stop thanking those for their sacrifice!

No comments: